- UnitedHealth Group
- East Rochester,NY
Here at Optum, part of the largest network of medical groups in the nation, we are seeking a Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant to join our growing team in New York, NY. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing physician-led care locally. Join us today and start doing your life s best work. (sm)
- Collegial multispecialty group practice with a large referral base
- Focus on team-based care
- Excellent support staff and dedicated practice management systems
- Full complement of clinical and administrative support teams to assist with patient care, including a dedicated Medical Assistant for each provider
- Provides anticipatory guidance, screening and health education to patients to promote and maintain health
- Initiates treatment for patients with commonly occurring health problems, which lie within the nurse specialist's scope of practice, by using a systematic approach to history and physical appraisal of patients and/or families through clinical judgment of evaluated data
- Perform comprehensive health assessment including obtaining a complete and accurate health history from the patient or significant other; performing a complete and accurate physical examination; and administering selected measures of physical, cognitive and psychosocial development in accordance with standardized guidelines
- Order/perform selected diagnostic tests and procedures as indicated by the patient s condition
- Using the data obtained in the health assessment and diagnostic studies, interprets clinical findings and develops a complete, accurate differential diagnoses/health care problems list
- Identifies and appropriately uses available resources in meeting the health care and health education needs of patients and families, including but not limited to consultation with other physicians and allied health professionals
- Plans appropriate care utilizing community resources and acts as a liaison by relaying information necessary for continuity of care to other health professionals and agencies
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Clinicians are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can t do it alone this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Guaranteed, competitive compensation model based on quality, not quantity, with significant earning potential, annual increases, and bonus eligibility
- Financial stability and support of a Fortune 5 Company
- Robust retirement offerings including employer funded contributions and Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP for UHG Stock)
- APC Partnership opportunities and incentives
- Comprehensive benefits plan inclusive of medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, CME and malpractice coverage
- Robust clinician learning and development programs
- Master s degree in nursing with advanced skills in physical assessment
- Registered Nurse with current unrestricted license to practice and use the title of Nurse Practitioner/Advanced Practice Nurse in the state(s) in which employed and practicing
- 1+ years of current experience within the last three years in a comparable job classification
The Optum Story in the Tri-State Region:
Optum Tri-State was formed in 2022 by bringing together Riverside Medical Group, CareMount Medical and ProHealth Care. The regional alignment combines resources and services across the care continuum from preventative medicine to diagnostics to treatment and beyond and features 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey, and Southern Connecticut. As a Patient Centered Medical Home, Optum Tri-State can provide patient-focused medical care to the entire family. This dynamic position would afford you the opportunity to join a regional, inter-disciplinary care team of over 2,100 providers who serve nearly 2 million patients. Our doctors and clinicians have access to the latest medical information and technology, which lets them spend more time with patients, provide better care and realize better outcomes. With Optum, we ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organizations are some of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at
Would you thrive with Optum?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
New York Residents Only: The salary range for New York residents is $85,000 to $167,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.