ENTRY LEVEL POSITION INTO LABORATORY! Chemistry experience preferred. VERY competitive pay and lots of room for growth! APPLY TODAY!
The Laboratory Technician is responsible for completing assigned duties to ensure customer, team member, and vendor satisfaction. The Laboratory Technician does this by performing the testing on production samples and finished product samples to determine compliance with FDA, NYS regulations and company standards. The Laboratory Technician completes these functions in the support of the manufacture of dairy related products.
1. Responsible for achieving assigned goals in the area of production, safety, quality, performance, and cost.
2. Notifies others of mechanical malfunctions to increase productivity and equipment capabilities and begins to identify areas where operators can assist in resolving concerns.
3. Responsible for complying with GMP s, SOP s, corporate and/or plant policies, rules, and regulations.
4. Provides assistance and support to all areas in the production facility as assigned by supervisor/lead and begins to train and build competence on key areas in production such as fillers, forklifts, and production lines.
5. Responsible for gaining competence on line circuits and learning proper hookups are made in the facility.
6. Covers breaks and lunches and other staffing needs as assigned by their supervisor/lead.
7. Compliant with all legal requirements concerning dairy processing and safety on their assigned shift and reports concerns to their supervisor/lead.
8. Works in a safe manner and reports safety concerns promptly to their supervisor/lead and takes corrective actions as necessary to ensure a safe environment.
9. Responsible for reporting food safety problems and initiating action and for supporting SQF by maintaining food safety and food quality.
10. Ensures work areas are sanitary and strictly adheres to sanitation practices
11. Communicates effectively between shifts and other departments
Conduct and evaluate Product testing results and determine compliance to standards.
Release compliant product from hold on the computerized inventory management system.
Inspect and verify sanitary condition of processing lines/fillers/tanks/overall areas, including conducting ATP swabbing and visual inspections.
Validate vitamin additions and batching sheets for the processing departments.
Maintain cleanliness of work areas and equipment.
Communicate openly to other members of the Quality Control Team and plant personnel.
Conduct microbiological analyses, chemical analyses, and sensory testing as required by the laboratory and operations schedules for all finished products, in-process processes, and incoming materials.
Conduct bacteria/shelf life testing of fresh and stressed samples.
Maintain laboratory logbook and Hold/Disposition Log for the shift worked.
Log and send out COAs (Certificate of Analysis) as testing completes.
Complete Titratable Acidity (TA) test using all methods.
Conduct Allergen testing as required.
Perform Sterile Sampling of Tanks and Report results in a timely manner.
Complete and report product testing, using tally and Product Testing Record (microbiological report).
Perform cryoscope testing, on milk products.
Verify product is labeled correctly.
Conduct EQA testing.
Complete shelf life sensory testing and attend training annually.
Perform butterfat and solids testing using appropriate equipment. (Including but not limited to: Gerber, Delta, CEM, etc.)
Conduct product sterility testing on samples received into the laboratory.
Update log and results for Product Hold and Disposition Log. Follow up on product as needed.
Utilize LIMS system and verify analytical, sensory and microbiological testing.
Skills & Qualifications:
1. Ability to apply basic to complex mathematical concepts such as adding, counting, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and knowledge of weights and measure, to sufficiently handle job tasks.
2. Understand and respond appropriately to basic to complex employee, vendor, and customer inquiries.
3. Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (Other preferences will be given for special language skills when there is a business need).
4. Knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals and your role in achieving each of them.
5. Ability to operate facility equipment as required in assigned area.
6. Satisfactorily complete all company training requirements.
7. Ability to interpret company documents and literature and UPC/code information.
1. Minimum of GED or High School Diploma is required
2. Associates degree in dairy/food sciences or equivalent highly preferred
3. 1-2 years experience in similar food industry lab setting highly preferred
1. Responsible for reporting to work at scheduled times and communicating tardiness and absences with the assigned Supervisor/Manager prior to the occurrence.
2. Responsible for reporting to work in a condition to work.
3. Responsible for being well-groomed and dressed in a business-and position-appropriate attire at all times including ensuring compliance with GMP dress code standards.
4. Comply with performance criteria, standards of conduct as contained in company policy, employment procedures and responsibilities as described in the company handbook.
5. Maintain a safe work environment at all times and immediately report and take appropriate action to correct a safety concern.
6. Responsible for completing all assigned tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Actalent, diversity and inclusion are a bridge towards the equity and success of our people. DE&I are embedded into our culture through:
- Hiring diverse talent
- Maintaining an inclusive environment through persistent self-reflection
- Building a culture of care, engagement, and recognition with clear outcomes
- Ensuring growth opportunities for our people
Actalent is an equal opportunity employer.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. We help visionary companies advance their engineering and science initiatives through access to specialized experts that drive scale, innovation, and speed to market. With a network of almost 30,000 engineering and sciences consultants and more than 4,500 clients across the U.S., Canada, Asia, and Europe, Actalent serves many of the Fortune 500. An operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions, Actalent launched as a new specialized engineering and sciences services and workforce solutions brand in 2021.