- Confidential Client
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides training, consultation, nursing supervision and medical oversight in conjunction with Registered Nurse for assigned residential facilities according to agency policies and procedures.
New York State Licensed Practical Nursing License (LPN)
One-year acute care experience preferred, equivalent experience will be considered.
Experience/Specialized training working with individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities.
Valid/Clean driver s license required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Experience with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working under the direction of the Registered Nurse (RN), supervises and monitors staff providing health to individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities which complies with health standards and regulations.
- Develops individualized Plans of Nursing Services (PONS).
- Ensures Training of staff and observes staff implementing medical PONS as determined in conjunction with the Residential Registered Nurse (RN)
- Participates as a member of each individual s circle of support, including:
- Pre-admissions meeting, 30-day meeting, semi annual and annual meetings.
- Coordinating pertinent medical services with Residential Manager.
- Coordinating the development of discharge plans in conjunction with the Residential RN.
- Identifies individual and staff training opportunities relating to nursing/medical programs.
- Prepares/maintains medical records for Individuals in assigned residential facilities. Reviews medical related information, medication administration records, and controlled substance records on a regular basis in conjunction with the Residential RN.
- Acts as a liaison with physicians, pharmacists, dentists, and other medical professionals for residential participants under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Coordinates services with medical professionals, follows up with staff members and medical professionals in a timely manner.
- Assists Individuals with medication administration and other nursing interventions as needed.
- Monitor Individuals as requested by the Residential RN.
- Complete Nursing Audit tool as per schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
For this New York United States-based position, the expected base salary is $40,000 - $45,000.